4 Great Vegan Starter Kits/Guides:
soycrates: Vegan Starter Guide by Friends of Animals Respecting Animals Means Going Vegan by BVA I Can’t Believe It’s Vegan! (Shopping/Cooking) by Animal Aid Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating by Vegan Outreach Enjoy! Why not go vegan, or help someone go vegan today?
Do Chickens Mourn the Loss of Their Eggs? →
soycrates: Do chickens mind if we take their eggs? This question and more is answered by a clever and passionate mother hen. Although today’s egg-laying hens are the descendants of the Red Jungle Fowl (Gallus gallus) which laid around 60 small eggs a year, most modern domestic hens have been bred to lay over 300 large eggs a year. free to behave “naturally,” most chickens will lay the number...
Philosophers and Veganism
Tom Regan, professor emeritus of philosophy at North Carolina State University, is a rights theorist who argues that animals possess inherent value as “subjects-of-a-life” – because they have beliefs and desires, an emotional life, memory, and the ability to initiate action in pursuit of goals – and must therefore be viewed as ends in themselves, not as a means to an end. He argues that the...
kittycatsnacks: 1. protein is in everything 2. literally everything except for like pure sugar or pure oil 3. you cannot be protein deficient 4. you will starve to death before you are protein deficient 5. if you are getting enough calories from fruits, vegetables & other whole foods you are getting enough protein 6. you do not need animal protein 7. I eat pretty much exactly what...
Ignorant person: PLANTS HAVE FEELINGS TOO, VEGANS.
Ignorant person: THEY HAVE CERTAIN STIMUL-
Me: Are you fucking honestly relating the supposed pain of a carrot to that of a human, cow, or dog?
Ignorant person: BUT THEY ARE ALIVE.
Me: 70% of grains go to your livestock, the other 30% are your sides, upwards of 90% of the Amazons deforestation and the massive clearing of forest land for both livestock and it's feed- and you are telling ME that I am most responsible for the "plant holocaust"? 3% of the worlds population?
Ignorant person: ...
Me: Are you?
Ignorant person: ...
Me: O-fucking-kay then.
Soycrates: gremlinaire: When a friend of mine... →
gremlinaire: When a friend of mine found out that my wife and I went vegan, he gave us a hard time about switching to soy milk. He said he would never switch from real dairy because soy milk has estrogen in it and he doesn’t want “man tits”. Here’s the deal with that. Soy products…
veganasfuck: Vegan resource list: Reasons to go vegan: Ethical: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) Health: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) Environmental: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) Vegan documentaries/informative video material: (Links are to free-streams of them.) Earthlings. Forks Over Knives. Vegucated. Food Inc. The Cove. Meet your meat. Warning. Some of these links contain graphic...
HUMANS ARE SO ILLOGICAL
running-with-buddha: LIKE WE HAVE LAWS PROTECTING DOGS AND CATS FROM ANIMAL ABUSE YET WE SHAVE CHICKEN’S BEAKS OFF AND SLIT COWS THROATS IT WOULDN’T BE LEGAL TO DO THAT TO A DOG/CAT NO LOGIC HERE!!!
Most of us believe that eating meat is natural because humans have hunted and...– Melanie Joy, Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism: The Belief System That Enables Us to Eat Some Animals and Not Others (via quoilecanard)
For the record, I don’t have “food politics.” I also do not have “lifestyle...– I was going through some old zines and found this on an unfinished letter that I must have written back in ‘98 or ‘99. It was addressed to a social ecologist kid I knew that also once referred to feminism as “pantie politics,” so at least he was an equal opportunity asshole. (via angry-hippo)